Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Stupid TIme Change & Hawaii

I had full intentions on giing to class yesterday. I stopped off to use the restroom before going to class and I asked one of my friends what time was it, and he
said after 1pm. I said, What?! Your clocks must be wrong, because I left
work at noon--I knew that I would be a little late. He said, no remember we
changed our clocks. But, I was still in disbelief and got out my cell
phone and sure enough he was right. I spent the afternoon thinking
what went wrong and then it clicked, I thought the computer at work
automaticlly updated the time, but it didn't which caused me to work
over an hour and miss class unknowingly. The first thing I did when I
got to work today was change the clocks, so hopefully I won't be late
to Dr. Roberts' class today. I also found out today that Daylight Savings Time got moved up 3 weeks early, so the computer has not yet adjusted it because it thinks it is not time to yet. Why can't the whole state of IN be on the same time and never change time. So, dumb!

On the other hand...
I had some major complications with booking my Hawaii trip. I totally thought it all got booked Sunday early evening through Cheaptickets. Well, I never got the comfirmed E-mail, so I called. Well, they never got it. Oh no! Mark's CC # was on their and everything..so if it ends up being charged twice someone will have to refund me over $1800 dollars! Well, On Monday I re-booked everything still got the same deal with the same flight and hotel and everything. I asked my BF, Erica, to go with me since I'll be 7mo. and staying in a hotel alone, but she wasn't able to due to a previous trip planned. So, I asked my good friend Amanda, and she said Yes! I'm sooo excited that she's going! I like Amanda a whole lot and we get along great. When I found out that Mark wouldn't be able to go due to Grad School, I thought I need to find someone to go with me. I would just feel safer if I had someone with me. So, I thought maybe my sis was going to go, but she has to have her tonsils out and have her cervix scraped again all done in one week. So, she wasn't able to go. Then I thought who could I ask that I would actually enjoy the trip with and not get annoyed with 1/2 way through. So, I asked Erica, since she's my BF and we've been on trips together before..and if we get annoyed with eachother it's not that big of a deal. We get over it, and love eachother. THen when Erica couldn't go, I asked Amanda. I love hanging out with her and we get along so great. I think it's funny that we sometimes start laughing for no reason and Levi will look at us both and wonder what in the heck are they laughing at, but we are just girls and laugh at silly things. I'm sooooooooooo Excited!!! I can't wait to go! I get the urge to pack already, but I can't pack yet...it's 3-4 mo away. Oh, incase you didn't know, My mom and Turk is finally getting married-in Hawaii on Diamond Head Beach on July 13th - their 18 yr. anniversary! I know we are going to the International Marketplace to do shopping and seeing somesort of show and we are going to see USS Arizona-Pearl Harbor...and enjoying the Beach! I don't want to get it all filled up, but a couple fun things is cool. We might go snorkeling, and the the aquarium..who knows.
Well, I gtg run errand and then go hang with my friend Amanda before I officiate Volleyball tonight. Oh, I got my IHSAA licence to officiate V-ball in H.S. and Jr. High. I'm very excited about that...something to do when I'm a stay at home mommy to bring home a side of bacon or two. It's 75 degrees today and I want to play tennis or sand v-ball or something!!!
Love ya,
Nikki

3 comments:

Erica said...

I'm so glad you found someone to go with & I'm glad you got the ticket thing worked out. It sounds like things are going good. I played soccer with Jack & took him on a walk today. I love this weather.

Lori said...

Its good you found someone to go with you. Its always fun to have someone go with. I'll be praying for your trip and your Mom and Turk. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki,
I'm glad that everything worked out for you! It will be much better taking a friend with you than going alone. Hope you are having a good week. Talk to you later. Love ya.