Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Human Garbage Disposal

I have been eating like crazy lately. They said that my appetite would pick up in the 2nd tri-mester, but I seriously think that I could eat as much as Mark and we all know that boy can eat! -- Mark hates that reputation that he has received over the years, but it is true. I've only seen Chris Matthews eat more than him. I don't mind that Mark is my human garbage disposal and now I'm right up there with him. Yay! He has an eating partner. :) Normally I eat all I can until I'm full and he finishes it. However, now I can eat it all on my own and then some. When I eat my meal, I get seconds and sometimes thirds. I normally eat until people are ready to go or when I feel that I need to stop because I have ate enough to meet my nutritional needs eventhough I so badly would like to eat some more. Sometimes I just have to stop myself. We had a little less than 2 quarts of strawberries, and for lunch I ate my usual double decker sandwich and almost all the strawberries, but 6 cut up ones. I looked down at the bowl and said, Nikki you've got to stop! So, I decided to save some so that Mark to take some to lunch with him the next day. It gets on my last nerve when Mark eats up something that I didn't get anything of or not much of, so I try to be considerate and let him have atleast a little of the food. :) We had to increase our budget/envelope on groceries by $50 because of my increase in appetite. I am totally not worried about weight gain. I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week and so far it's been a few weeks and I've only gained 1 lb. Maybe this increase in my appetite will increase my weight. I'll be 19 weeks on Thur. and I've only gained a total of 6lbs. so far since the beginning of the pregnancy. I was 110 when I got pregnant and now I'm 116. Still a small girl, but I definitely got the prego belly going on. It amazes me how much your belly grows without that much of an increase in your weight. I've gained 5lbs. before here and there...and still had a flat stomach, so I'm amazed by this whole pregnancy thing. Things I'm not looking forward to... not being able to wipe after giving birth, maybe even pooping when I push - gross! Nobody ever tells you this when your not pregnant...maybe it's because they don't want to scare you. I'm not scared, just grossed out. Anyway, I have a test to take. I'll ttyl.

No comments: